Microsoft Antimalware is one of the antivirus software that can secure your operating system from unwanted malware attacks. These tools work like same as virus defender and scanning engine for the Microsoft antivirus products. Here, we have taught you how you can fix Antimalware Service Executable in Windows 10.
1) Turn off Windows Defender in Registry Editor
- Tap Windows + R key on your Keyboard and then enter “regedit” in search field and tap Enter key to start “Registry Editor.”
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftWindows Defender
- Right-tap on the “Windows Defender, select New and then tap on DWORD.
- Now Double-tap on the newly created DWORD and the hit on the name it “DisableAntiSpyware” then set the value 1.
Here are the steps on how to turn off Windows Defender in the registry editor through the command prompt:
- Tap Windows + X key to launch the X menu and then select command prompt as “Admin” or PowerShell in the list appear on your screen.
- When the command prompt open, type the given command in the command line and hit the “Enter” button on your Keyboard.
- REG ADD “hklmsoftwarepoliciesmicrosoftwindows defender” /v DisableAntiSpyware /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
2) Using Group Policy Editor
Here are the steps on how to use group policy editor:
- Tap Windows + R key and type “gpedit.msc” and then Tap “Enter” or tap on “OK.” This process will launch your Group Policy Editor.
- On the left pane, move to the given command:
- Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Defender Antivirus/Real-time Protection
- The on the right pane, double-tap on the “Turn off real-time protection.”
- Choose Enable and then tap on “Apply” and tap “OK” to save your changes.
3) Turn off Windows Defender
Here are the steps on how to turn off Windows Defender
- If you have to face a problem with Antimalware service, then you may be able to fix them by turning odd Windows defender.
- Here are the steps on how to turn off Windows defender:
- Tap Windows + I key to launch the Settings Application.
- Now move to Updates and Security option.
- On the left menu, choose “Windows Defender” and then in the right pane tap on “Open Windows Defender Security Center.”
- Choose “Virus & threat protection” in the next windows appear on your screen.
- Select “Virus & threat protection settings.”
- Turn off “Real-time protection” when you want, then you can turn off all the options on your page.
4) Stop Windows Defender service
- Tap Windows + R key to launch the Run dialog, now type “services.msc” and then hit “Enter” or tap “OK.”
- Double-tap on the “Windows Defender Antivirus Service” to launch its properties in the service windows that appear on your screen.
- Set as Startup enter “Automatically” and then tap on the “Stop” option to stop Windows defender service.
- Now tap “Apply” and then hit “OK.”
5) Disabling Scheduled Task
- Tap Windows + S key on your Keyboard and enter “task scheduler” now select “Task Scheduler” in the menu.
- When the task scheduler launch, move to the “Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender.”
- Here in the right pane, you can view four sheets available to choose the entire task and disable.
- Several users suggested deleting those tasks; you can do it on your choice.
- When you have disabled those tasks, then the issue of Antimalware service will be resolved.
Smith is a trained office.com/setup expert who works with the development team with feedback from customers to make it to expectations. He lives in New York and In addition to his work, he also writes for his personal blog.